5 autumn activities in Mallorca
The Autumn in Mallorca is a wonderful time. The polar cold has not arrived and we can take advantage of the last sun days. Therefore, fall is the perfect moment to do some of the activities that we propose:
1. Barbecue in the countryside
During the summer it is completely forbidden in Mallorca to make barbecues in the mountains. That's why autumn is the perfect time to spend a pleasant day in the country with family and friends. There are many recreational areas on the island that allow barbecue. Here are some examples:
- Puig de Santa Maria, Pollensa: There are several tables and possibility to barbecue. The views are excellent.
- Bon Aire, Alcudia: There is a recreational area in the middle of the "Mal Pas" excursion, towards La Victoria hermitage, just near the sea.
- Binifaldó, Lluch: There is a picnic area in the middle of the mountain, on the road from Pollensa to Lluch. It is prepared for barbecues and even other activities like climbing.
2. Hiking and cyclingAs we have already recommended several times, autumn is the best time to practice this two sports in Mallorca. There are thousands of hiking routes in the mountains of Mallorca, which are on their greatest moment in the entrance of autumn. Cycling routes are also highly prepared to host hundreds of visitors. Check the routes that we recommend here.
One of the most colorful traditions of Mallorca are the traditional fairs that are held in the villages. Each fair is dedicated to a product of the field; Olive, artisanal work, oil, honey ... One of the most expected fairs is Pollensa’s, which is held from November 11th to 14th.
4. Wine Route
There is a great tradition of wines in Mallorca. Visit some wineries to make a wine tasting route of Denomination of Origin is a good plan for an autumn weekend. Check here what wines we recommend.
5. Traditional autumn gastronomy
Most of the traditional dishes of Mallorca are products of the fall season. For example, sweet biscuits called crespells or the Majorcan empanadas. If you want a hot dish do not forget to order the oldest dish of Mallorca, Mallorcan soups, a soup made with vegetables, legumes and bread.